Tuesday, February 3, 2009

creating living statues

Last night there was an event for a wonderful musician, Joshua Bell, and a party afterwards put together by one of the founders of Mike's school, so many of the students were recruited to show their talents and help support the event.

My role (as a supporter of a talented student) was to turn two of the stone-carving students into real statues! The house itself was a work of art, and the two students were to stand out front as part of the architecture. With the rain and cold, they ended up on the porch on small squares of fabric that looked a bit like pedestals. There were elements pulled together at the last minute, and I was a little nervous, having not done this for a number of years, but I was fairly pleased with how it turned out! Here are a couple of shots of the students:







We only had a short amount of time to get them ready, makeup, dressed and out front, before the guests started to arrive, and I wish I had had more time - I didn't get to add as many finishing details as I wanted. Plus, the weather didn't help the 'actors' in their bare feet, but I think it came out alright.

I also got a new phone! I've been needing a new one for a while and finally got one. It's blue, and pretty and works, and that's what really makes me smile:

Now I just have to be careful not to text too much. I decided not to put it on my plan, but I do like the ease of the typing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too talented! And awesome.