Sunday, December 2, 2007

to knit or knit again

I've been in Charleston for a week now, and I've been much busier than expected - in a good way.

Last Thursday I went with Mike to a fundraiser for his school and it was really great fun and very neat. All the different trades had set up areas where you could see examples of their work and talk to the different students and professors about their trade. They had music and food and dancing, all with a French theme. Everyone was dressed up and I got to meet a lot of Mike's classmates, which was fun. I even made a couple of contacts too!

There is an area around the schools workshop area that has some artists studios and shops. While at the event I met one of the owners of a jewelry store called Terra Bijoux. Kelly was wearing this delicate necklace from her shop made of 3 leaves in 3 different metals that was just beautiful. The shops were all closed, but I did get a sneak peak and noted all the great pieces that I liked.

I've also been working on my job search and getting signed up with various agencies. It's amazing how much you forget you did when you look back on a resume. I'm really excited about all the possibility that lies ahead with this job search.

Knitting wise, I've been working on the Foliage hat from knitty. It was not starting well, but I finally got the lace under control, and only worked on it when I could really concentrate. I guess I was concentrating so hard I forgot to check my gage, and now I think the hat is just waay too big. I'm trying to decide - rip it out entirely or just add some ribbing and hope it'll fit someone with a bigger head than mine, and the lace will just be a bit.. baggy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but for now, I'm going to put it down and work on something else. Sometimes you just need to step back from a project.

I really need to finish working on the ******* project for Christmas. I'm not going to talk a lot about how it's going on here, because I think the recipient might have gotten wind of my blog from another family member, and although I'm not sure how often they read it.. I don't want to spoil any more of the surprise. Let's just say it's harder to work on without any table space...or a table. I'll be happy when we finally get our furniture up here, not only to have the hassle of selling the house over with, but to have a place for all my things and to actually do work - both job hunting and crafty stuff.

2 comments:

Sheknits said...

I love what you said about mistakes me you learned two things! I am going to have to quote you on the podcast thats such a well put point. Very cute Foliage Hat, love the yellow!
Sharon

Teec said...

finally figured out what you mean about the gauge, after what, a year!!?? Finished my scarf for Gina and it was oh so very cute. Attempting a hat for Pete next - ahhhhhhhhh