Tuesday, April 1, 2008

keeping her fingers crossed

Yesterday was a hard day.
Everything was supposed to be settled and done as of yesterday.

On the way home from work yesterday, I saw the most beautiful rainbow. It went all the way across the sky and over the bridge. I’ve never seen one so complete and beautiful with the colors so defined. I could see the red and orange, the blue and purple and green - like different crayon colors drawn in the sky. Only the very tip was hidden in the clouds. I was really hoping it was a sign that everything was going to be okay.

I don't know if it is or not, but things are not settled. Perhaps the rainbow was God's April's fools joke. Or maybe it was just a way of reminding me to be patient and keep my hopes and spirits high. That's what I'm trying to do.

Keep us in your prayers and your fingers crossed, and I'm going to keep focused on that rainbow.

No comments: