Sunday, June 22, 2008

celebrating again!

I haven't been blogging lately, and a few people have been harassing me about not posting *ahemeishaahem* so I thought I'd pick up the pace - this past week has been pretty eventful, so I've actually got a lot to talk about!

First off - the most exciting news - We SOLD the house FOR REAL!!! Papers have been signed, keys turned over - it's done - and such a relief. Now I feel like we can really focus on our lives here now. I'm a South Carolinian now YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! The day we sold it, on the way home I saw another rainbow as I crossed the bridge. Just as beautiful as the one I saw a few months ago. Maybe a reminder that it is all ok :)

Last Saturday Mike and I went to a Riverdogs baseball game for World Wide Knit in Public Day. Yes - for you non-fiber people out there, this is a real day - you can read about it here if you'd like. I did manage to tangle up my knitting, take a few pictures and ended up ripping out 1/2 of what i did at the game, but it was a good time. Here are a few pictures of my fellow knitters
Vera, our resident star at Knit set it up, and it was really fun.



Lynn let me knit on her project a bit to see what the yarn was like - it was smooshy and fun - I tried not to tangle it up too badly as I had to move seats in the middle of a row.



Unfortunately, I cut off Gay and Lynn's head - sorry guys! I think I was trying to get the knitting in this one.


Beth and Connie knit away diligently!



Laura and her husband Steve:


Vera and Nancy:


There were more people there - and I wish I had taken more pictures - but I did pull out my camera soon enough.

Then on Tuesday we went to a concert at the Music Farm to see Jakob Dylan - it was an awesome awesome show! I was expecting it to be packed so the small numbers were a surprise. It was really great - we were spitting distance from the stage, and it was a great show. It was our first time to the Music Farm, and the venue was simple but fun - I think it's a place we'll definitely go again.

So on Thursday when the news cam through that the house was really sold - it just topped off the week. Mike and I were finally able to pop open the champagne we've been holding onto for this occasion.

My week was dampened just a bit this weekend - we headed up to Spartenburg for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday, and on the way my phone was taken. I left it at the restaurant, and when I called back a little while later it was gone. The part that really sucks - other than the price of a new phone is ridiculous - is that I had my phone stolen only about 6 months ago so I don't qualify for a trade-in, and I have to switch back to the phone I had 2 phones ago - which is pretty old and crappy. I'm still hoping someone might return it since I switched off service and hopefully I'll get my phone numbers back too. In the meantime - If I don't call you - it's because I don't have your number any more so - call me!!!

No comments: