Sunday, March 22, 2009

wanting to live at the Biltmore

This weekend Mike and I headed to Ashville to see the Biltmore Estate - I knew very little about it, but Mike had been studying it in some of his classes at school, and since it was his spring break, we took to weekend to go and visit his brother & family as well.

The place is huge! and beautiful and really amazing. We took the "behind the scenes" tour, and I think what amazed me the most was the forethought and planning that went into the house as it was designed and built. Everything was thought through so well, you wonder if they're done the same today.

It was really nice to get away and see some family too. Mike's niece and nephew live about an hour away and so we spent some time with them - just hanging out and relaxing. This year is the "Tamburro Christmas" meaning we're all supposed to get together, but as both of my brothers are pregnant, (yup both - Carlo's on his 2nd and Alex his 1st - both due about the same time too!) I'm guessing it might be a bit more difficult to get together with family this year, so I like being able to get together when we can. Plus, it's even nicer when you don't have the holiday stresses added to it.

Speaking of babies, my friend who is the recipient of the blue Elephante had her baby boy Orin Gabriel on March 16th, just a few minutes shy of St. Patty's day! Luckily, I was able to finish his ears and he's all ready. Unfortunately I've been having charger issues (in other words - misplacing them) and can't pull up the pictures. I think that's one of the things that holds me back sometimes from blogging, is I can't find my camera/battery/charger or don't have a picture of the thing I'm talking about, and want to wait until I do. Perhaps I'm being too picky.

I was also finally able to finish Mike's hat on the ride up, but the only shot I have of it (due to same camera issues as before) is before I bound off to make sure it fit right - but I still think it looks cute:



Not sure what I'm going to start on next, but I've got a couple of things in mind. Right not, my knitting mojo's been stalled trying to finish the last two projects just right, so I'm hoping something pretty straightforward will help me get it back.

No comments: